Thursday, February 5, 2009

Marking his territory?

Okay, what is it with little boys and their fascination with peeing anywhere BUT the toilet. My two year old is completely potty trained (yeah Cooper!) but I have noticed some odd behavior lately. Example: Last week I found him naked in the kitchen floor with an empty cookie package (you know...the part of the oreo package that actually holds the oreos?) . When I asked what he was doing he looked up at me, smiled, and said "I tee tee." Yep, he peed in the cookie package. I have found him peeing outside while playing in the backyard (I know not so weird.) However, last night as we were all standing in the kitchen he actually pulled his pants down and peed in the kitchen trash can. Leaned the can toward him and did his business. (My husband scooped him up and ran him to the toilet.)

I remember my brother at the age of 6 or so peeing off our roof with his friends, just for the fun of it. And, I have found my 18 year old (he was 5 at the time) doing some of the same.

My daughter Taylor was once very disappointed and upset that boys could perform this feat and she couldn't...and believe me she tried more than once. This had me thinking...if I could, would I? Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny! Arn't they so amazed at their ability to do this? I ♥ BOYS!

    ReplyDelete